Easier Gift-Giving With Giftly!
One of the best and most fulfilling things that we can do to our beloveds is to shower them with gifts and grant them their gentle wishes. There is quite a satisfaction every time we witness a family member or a friend, or even a loved one, break an ear-splitting grin when they receive little tokens from people who care for them. Even if some of their desires burn a huge black hole into our pockets, it’s still a nice feeling when you know that you make them happy and smug.
But sometimes, because of work fulfillment and other stuff eating up our free, leisurely, non-work schedules, we fail to scour the mall, and hunt down the gifts that we are vying to give our dearests. Sometimes, because so much of our time is devoted to other obligations, we tend to forget about our promises of cool gifts and friendly perks. Even if you’re the most frugal and the cheapest person in the history of ever, you are still not liberated of having that awful feeling that creeps up every time you forget about the special days in our special people’s lives.
Giftly, a San Francisco-based gift card service company, recently released a free iOS app called Giftly. Giftly will certainly make gift-giving less a hassle and triple a joy. With Giftly, thinking about getting a loved one his or her gift becomes less of a pain in the arse because as their tagline says, Giftly is better than a gift card. Instead of the usual process of looking for gifts, Giftly allows users to gift their loved ones with a more personal token of endearment. You can either give your husband the most soothing spa service that he’s swooning over, or get your promoted friend her wish of a lush and sparkling bottle of Bollinger La Grande Annee Rose and make her feel like a million bucks. Giftly presents an endless bout of ideas that will make your coterie think of you as a walking, generous and glamorous Santa Claus. This app is that regal!
Giftly is an iOS app that follows the process of a gift card, but with a more personal concept and without even having to go to a merchant. With Giftly, it is possible to get the gift receivers exactly the thing that they want, or have been wishing for because they pick it out. For the process of gift-giving to work, the user and the receiver both need to have a Giftly account with their credit cards registered on the app.
Giftly lets users buy a specific item or service for a gift receiver using the receiver’s account. The receiver needs to go to the store and actually pay for the gift before having it. After the receiver opens Giftly to mark the item or the service that she purchased, the receiver can mark the Giftly item as redeemed in the app, or even in the website so the giver’s funds can be transferred to the receiver’s account. When the receiver mark the gift that she redeemed, the money that she used will be reimbursed by process of transferring the giver’s money to the receiver’s account. That explains how Giftly is free in the first place, and where Giftly gets their processing fees. Giftly is sort of a “reimbursement” gifting iphone app. It is quite a service, let me tell you.
The Giftly Gift-giving!
- The user needs to select the type of “Giftly” (gift card) that they are going to give someone. The app shows several icons as a gift indication that users can choose from such as: places, services, and things like beer or cupcakes. The user can also upload photos from his/her phone’s library.
- It is up to the user to choose what color the Giftly will be, the amount, and places where the receiver can visit to redeem his/her gift.
- When the user/giver is done making the Giftly, it can now be sent to the gift receiver through Facebook, text, or via e-mail.
- After the Giftly is sent, the receiver can open their own Giftly account for redeeming. The receiver can now go to the place indicated in the Giftly, and get the item or the service that he/she wanted.
- This process shows why there is no need for the help of the merchant because in Giftly, the receiver will be the first one to purchase the item or the service. When the receiver is done with the purchase, the receiver can mark the redeemed item in her Giftly account, and her money will be repaid when the money of the giver is transferred to her account.
- While Giftly is a free service and app, a minimal fee is still charged to the gift giver when a transaction is made.
- Users can easily monitor the Giftlys that they send through the app to check if the Giftlys have been used, and also to check the Giftlys that users receive from other users.
- Users can sync their Giftly accounts to Facebook and use the Gift Watch feature to have the chance to gift your Facebook friends depending on where they are. When a Facebook friend’s birthday is shown on Facebook, the dates will also be shown on the Gift Watch feature to make gift-giving easier and hassle-free for Giftly users.
- Giftly now has a messaging feature that enables users to show gratitude as soon as their gifts are received.
- In Giftly, sky’s the limit when it comes to the Giftlys that you make. So be as generous as generous can be, and just give away!
Giftly for iOS is personal enough that it makes giving friends a gift in real time such an easy chore, and possibly, a routine. With a free app like Giftly, putting a grin on your favorite loved ones can be achieved all the time. Whether you are miles apart, busy too much, or lazy enough, you can easily gift your friends and family the best gifts that are becoming stagnant on their wish lists.
- Give a Giftly ANYWHERE in the world
- You can suggest a specific item or experience you’d like a recipient to have
- Giftlys are delivered via text, Facebook, or email so you can easily give a gift on a whim
- Cute icons
- Easy-to-use user interface
- A news feed that keeps tabs on friends’ birthdays and other events
- Giftly is FREE!
Jango is a giver!
Of course I am—if I feel like it.
Well, Giftly. This is the first time that I have encountered an app like this. And to my surprise and yours, the service of this app is really amazing and handy. There could have been a time when registering my monetary accounts on an app would sound to me doubtful. But because Giftly came from a noted start-up gifting company, I think I’m betting my chances.
Giftly is very practical (if you’re a practical giver), and really pounces on a whole new idea of clever gift-giving. Why, this app is also very timely seeing that Christmas is fast-approaching. Prepare for the grandest Giftlys that you can think of, peeps. Because with a credit card used in transactions for getting what you wished for, the sky really is the limit! No, I’m kidding. Don’t be too abusive. Unless the Giftly user is Oprah “I-ride-my-own-plane” Winfrey.
I commend Giftly because this app is the gift that keeps on giving. Maybe you can even gift your friends with the knowledge that such an app like Giftly exists. I’m gifting this app (along with my well wishes) to everyone who’s having a bang celebrating their birthdays today because this app is so swell. Here’s looking at you, Applatter’s own Seraphic Doll.